Call and speak to an Expert Now 01273 921 001 Open Time: Mon-Thus 09:30-18:00, Fri 09:30-17:00, Sat 10:00-17:00

Viet-nam Kitesurfing Holidays

Kitesurfing Holidays In Vietnam

Vietnam is in Southeast Asia; its neighbouring countries are China to the north, Laos and Cambodia to the west. You can find the East Sea to the east and the Pacific Ocean to the east and south. At the present there are 54 different ethic groups inhabiting Vietnam. The “Viet” people make up nearly 90% of the whole population and the other 53 ethic groups represent just over 10%. Vietnam is a South East Asian Mecca for kitesurfing. It has the best conditions in all of Asia for water sports because it has Asia's strongest and most consistent cross-onshore winds. With beautiful beaches, strong and steady winds, Vietnam is quickly growing into one of the most popular kitesurfing sights in Asia. Vietnam is located in both, a tropical and a temperate zone. It’s characterized by strong monsoon influences, but has a considerable amount of sun and clear warm waters, perfect for kitesurfing holidays.

viet nam

Planet Suggested Tour Itineraries In Viet Nam


In Vietnam, recreation choices in terms of water sports span an extensive gamut. Windsurfing in Vietnam is just one of the many choices and favored by many who wish to spend a few quiet moments amidst the winds and the waters. Kitesurfing, paddleboarding, kayaking, and surfing are other popular activities offered at Mui Ne Beach. Other activities include overland visits to historical and cultural heritage sites.


A valid passport and a visa are required of all foreigners visiting Vietnam. Visas are issued by Vietnamese embassies and consulates. Arranging a visa remains essential before arrival in Vietnam, but these are easy to obtain from embassies worldwide or through Vietnamese travel agents in advance. Tourist visas are valid for a single 30-day stay. Processing a tourist-visa application typically takes four or five working days and can be obtained in person at the Vietnamese consulate or processed via post by sending your passport into the Vietnamese embassy.


The only vaccine required by international regulations is yellow fever. Proof of vaccination will only be required if you have visited a country in the yellow-fever zone within the six days prior to entering Vietnam. If you are travelling to Vietnam from Africa or South America you should check to see if you require proof of vaccination.

Flight Time

13 hours from London or Manchester with one stop.

Transfer Time

4 hours by road from Ho Chi Minh or approximately 5 hours from Nha Trang or Da Lat.

  • Beginners
  • Advanced
  • Waves
  • Singles
  • Eating Out
  • Nightlife
  • Families
  • Un-spoilt
  • Culture
  • Luxury Hotel
  • Spa
  • Multi-sport

Speak to an Expert Now

Request a Call Back Use Live Chat
Send an Email if you can't catch us online

Get Exclusive

Travel Tips & Deals

Be the first to know about online exclusive, new deals, special events and giving updates!

Sign Up

Featured Resorts