MELIA TORTUGA BEACH & SPA IN SAL
One week package price guide £950
Guide price based on one week flight inclusive package per person (UK flights & airport transfers or car hire where needed). Other european and world wide flights available. Sports prices are additional as required (see sports center pages for more on this).
OVERVIEW OF MELIA TORTUGA BEACH
If you are looking for a paradisiac oasis of tranquility and pristine luxuriousness, the Melia Tortuga Beach will be the best place for you to stay. From the moment you enter the bonteous lobby, you can enjoy the overwhelming view across the entire resort, including the most impressive perspective of the Atlantic.
Just off the coast of West Africa, the Cape Verde Islands are a wonderful holiday destination with plenty to offer anyone looking for great beaches and lots of wonderful sunshine. The year-round climate makes Cape Verde an ideal holiday destination, perfect for winter sun and also the place to go to escape the summer crowds of the other destinations. Sal Island is the place to go for white sand beaches with great water sports, diving, snorkelling, big game fishing and even whale watching. Marine life around the coast of Sal and the rest of the archipelago is high with countless species including flamboyant tropical fish, dolphins and turtles.
Located in the south west of the island, just 15 minutes from the airport and a 5 minute taxi ride from Santa Maria, Melia Tortuga Beach & Spa is the perfect choice for couples and families looking for an oasis of tranquility on the sun-drenched Island of Sal in Cape Verde. It is a little bit of paradise offering a mix of adult facilities plus separate children’s pool and mini club providing activities to be enjoyed throughout the day. In a stunning beachfront location, 4km to Santa Maria, 18km to the airport, the hotel is a few steps away from Ponta Preta beach.
DRINK & DINE
- Spices Restaurant - International cuisine from all over the world.
- Aqua Italian - Gourmet à la carte restaurant Mediterranean style cuisine and the finest wines recommended - reservation required.
- The Sway Lobby Bar - Any time of day or night, tantalizing cocktails as well as wide range of beers, wines, spirits and soft drinks.
- O Grille Beach Club Bar & Grill - Located right on the beach, it has a delicious menu of fresh fish and meat from the grill, as well as the finest seafood on the Island.
- The Late Bar - Is the first and only Champagne Bar in Cape Verde. Opening from 10pm every night with Live DJ sets and dancing till late. There is also a VIP area for private parties and the best champagne.
Live music plays a huge part in Cape Verdean culture and is often performed live in various bars in Santa Maria during the evening.
SPA & WELLNESS
FACILITIES AND SERVICES
Please note that access to swim in the sea (Algodoeiro Beach) is only possible via a floating pontoon , which can only be used in calm sea conditions (typically in the summer months). You can have direct access to the sea via Ponta Preta beach, a 10 minute walk south along the beach.
A full range of facilities -
- The YHI Spa, with beauty treatments, massage, whirlpool bath, sauna and steam bath
- Fully equipped gymnasium
- Kids club and separate children's pool
- Activities programme for the Kids
- 2 large resort pools with swim up pool bar
- Walking & Hiking
- Daytime activities
- Dance lessons
- Creole lessons
- Introductory scuba diving lesson in pool/kite surfing lesson on beach
- Beach volleyball
- Beach football
- Water polo
- Boogie boards
- Boules on the beach
- Board games
Other facilities -
- 24hr reception
- Watersports Centre and scuba diving
- Pool table
- Internet access in Internet room
- Wi-Fi in public areas
- Hairdresser on request
- Money exchange
- Room service on request
- Laundry service
For Families -
- 2 separate children's pools
- Miniclub for 4-12 years
Swimming pool amenities -
- 2 swimming pools
- Sun terraces
- Pool and beach towels
- Swim-up pool bar
- Beach bar