The center is on the southern end of the huge Soma Bay, right in front of the four star Caribbean World Resort Soma Bay and only a few short minutes away from the well known Intercontinental Resort.
The centre is always stocked with a massive selection of the latest North Boards and North Kites. You can either rent so you always haeve any size and style available for you you can bring your own gear with a nominal charge for storage & rescue cover.
The whole Soma Bay offers great and many several conditions. Due to small reefs and islands outside the bay is kind of framed and gives you a feeling of safety. It offers not only kiters various conditions and also unbelievable underwater landscapes for divers and people who likes to go snorkeling. Probably one of the most famous islands out there is the small Tobia Island, which lies across from this center. The beautiful island can be reached by kite board – it’s only one strike on half-/downwind course
The wind blows in the morning side offshore and can be gusty sometimes. Round about 11 o’clock it turns to sideshore and gets more constant. The spot in front of the center offers great conditions for almost every kind of kitesurf level
KEY POINT ABOUT THIS SPOT
• a kind of small bay which closes on the leeward side – it makes drifting off impossible
• completely flat water with more or less no chop for the first 200–300 m
• a small standing area about 5-10 meters for easy starting
• a sandbank with a standing area about 100 meters upwind, to learn and improve the skills and to do
• wind direction side- to side offshore from the left
• no reefs or other obstacles in front, making kitesurfing easy, relaxed and safe! Long distance
• no other school/centers very close around — less traffic on the water — easy and safe kitesurfing
• for Kite beginners the Spot in front of the center is not recommended, they will start in the upwind lagoon which we reach